- Serves: 2
- Prep: 50 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
1 whole brill 1 to 1.5kg
100g unsalted butter
1 clove garlic
10ml olive oil
1. Dice the butter and leave at room temperature to soften, for approx. 30 mins
2. Chop the herbs and add to a food processor with the butter and the garlic. Add a pinch of sea salt, the juice of the lemon, and the olive oil, and blitz until smooth.
3. Score the top side of the brill with a sharp knife four times, and rub with oil, season with a little fine salt.
4. Grill on the BBQ until charred (for about 6 mins), turning regularly.
5. Take the brill off the BBQ, spread the herb butter over the fish and wrap in foil.
6. Put the brill back on the BBQ and cook for another 8 to 10 mins, until the flesh comes off the bone easily.
7. Serve with seasonal vegetables e.g. peas in the pod, asparagus, jersey royals