- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
2 x cod fillets or portions
100g shallots, chopped
50ml cider vinegar
250ml fish stock
100ml double cream
100g clotted cream
200g large leaf spinach
- Steam the clams in a little of the cider, put aside to cool and reserve the juices to add to the sauce later.
- Sweat the shallots in the butter until very sweet without browning. Add the cider, vinegar and fish stock and reduce by ¾.
- Add the cream and reduce by ¼. Strain out the shallots, finish the sauce by whisking the clotted cream into the warm sauce and finish with the cockles and chives.
- Wash the spinach well and steam.
- Pan fry the cod on the skin side on a medium to high heat until brown and crispy, turn over add a touch of butter and finish cooking in the oven.
- Arrange the spinach in the middle of the plates, place the cod on top and the sauce and cockles around.