- Serves: 4
- Time: 20 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
1 dozen oysters on the half shell
12 tbsp of freshly grated pecorino cheese (1 tbsp for each oyster)
1 rustic loaf of bread, sliced
green butter (enough for 1 dozen oysters):
150g of unsalted butter
1/2 cup/25g of parsley leaves
3 cloves of garlic
1 anchovy fillet in olive oil
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1/2 tsp of ground white pepper
- Add all the ingredients under “green butter” into a food-processor, and run until the mixture is smoothly pureed. Set aside.
- To shuck your oysters please watch our how-to-video at the bottom of our oyster products.
- Drain most of the oyster liquor out of the shells (save it for later and add to a seafood soup or stew)
- Make sure the interior of the shell is squeaky-clean from any dirt/mud/broken shells, then apply about 1 tbsp of green butter inside each oyster - it helps the butter stay if you smear it again the side of the shells, instead of trying to make it stick to the oyster meats.
- Arrange the oysters on your BBQ, in a way/angle that the oyster are not slanting too much so that the liquid can escape easily.
- With lid up on the BBQ grill the oysters until they are 90% cooked through, they should be bubbling approximately 4-5 min (judge the timing on the visual).
- Then apply approx 1 tbsp of freshly grated pecorino cheese, evenly on top of each oysters.
- Now lower the lid on your BBQ and bake until the top is melted and golden browned, another 1-2 min (watch closely because it’ll happen fast)!
- Serve the oysters immediately with sliced crusty breads (be careful of the super hot shells).It’s all about dipping the bread inside that green liquid gold…
(Recipe edited from: Lady & Pups)