- Serves: 2
- Prep: 35 minutes
- Cook: 1 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
12 Raw, Shell-On King Prawns
2 green bell peppers
1 stick of celery
2 cloves garlic
1 green chilli
25ml balsamic vinegar
100ml extra virgin olive oil
1 lime (zest and juice)
1 tsp ground cumin (or cumin seeds)
Ideally make your mojo verde a day before to allow the flavours to fully develop
1. Deseed the green peppers. Dice the peppers, shallot and celery into 1cm pieces.
2. Roast at 180c / gas mark 4 for approximately 30 mins until soft.
3. Once ready, leave the roast vegetables until cooled to room temperature.
3. Add to a food processor with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
4. Transfer to a bowl and cover (ideally leave until next day).
5. Grill (or pan fry) the prawns for about 5 mins, making sure to cook until pink.
6. Serve the prawns with a drizzle of olive oil and the mojo verde on the side.