- Serves: 6
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
2 spring onions
1 shallot, very finely chopped
1 tsp Madras curry powder
small piece of ginger, peeled
1 ½ lemons
¼ bunch of coriander leaves
2 dozen oysters in the shell
- Take one knob of butter and melt it in a pan. Meanwhile soften the remaining butter.
- Slice the spring onion in long fine slices and place on a bowl of cold water along with a few ice cubes.
- Cook the shallot and curry powder for five minutes or until the shallot is soft.
- Then beat the curry mixture into the butter. Season well with salt and pepper. Using a fine grater, grate in a little ginger pulp along with a squeeze of the half lemon. You want to impart a nice tang. Set to one side.
- Preheat your grill.
- Open the oysters and place on a heat proof platter.
- Put a small spoonful of butter on top of each oyster and grill for a few minutes so that the butter melts and bubbles.
- Arrange on a platter, halve the lemon for garnish. Lift the spring onion from the bowl and scatter over along with the coriander leaves.