- Serves: 2
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 50 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
1 bulb of wet garlic
1 regular garlic clover, peeled, finely grated
200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
a large bunch of flat leaf parsley
a good squeeze of lemon juice
sea salt flakes
freshly ground black pepper
Lobsters are best treated with a light touch. Enjoy their tender, juicy meat by enhancing their flavours with this lovely garlic butter recipe by Gizzi Erskine. This recipe works brilliantly on lots of other shellfish too!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Split the wet garlic bulb in half, drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the cloves are soft.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- In a large pan of boiling water, blanche the parsley for 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl of iced water to halt cooking. Remove from the water. Squeeze tightly to remove any liquid. Roughly chop.
- Add the roasted garlic, regular garlic, butter, squeeze of lemon juice, parsley, plenty of salt and pepper. Blitz until smooth.
- Take a cooked lobster. Lay flat on a board. Insert a sharp knife into the lobsters back at the front of the head. Cut through the tail.
- Spin the lobster round and cut through the head, to make two even halves.
- Place the lobster halves on a baking tray. Evenly spread the butter across each.
- Place under a hot preheated grill. Grill until the butter is melted and gratinated.
- Serve and enjoy!