- Serves: 4
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
4 sustainably sourced plaice, filleted
500g baby potatoes washed and scrubbed
90g unsalted butter and extra knob for potatoes
2 tinned anchovy fillets finely chopped
2 tbsp capers in brine if under salt ensure you wash salt completely
1 large lemon
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
a handful of fresh mint finely chopped
- Place the baby potatoes in a large pan of water, bring to the boil and cook until the potatoes are tender.
- Season the plaice fillets with a little salt and set aside. Heat 30g of butter in a large frying pan, add the anchovy fillets and saute on a medium heat for a couple of minutes until the anchovies dissolve.
- Pick up the plaice fillets with your fingers and carefully dip both sides into the buttery mixture, placing each fillet skin-side down into the pan. Add capers, half the lemon juice, a further 30g of butter and parsley and cook on a medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the plaice fillets and set aside. Increase the heat, add the remaining butter to the pan, stirring well until melted, remove from the heat and pour over the fish together with the remaining lemon juice.
- Drain the potatoes, toss with a knob of butter and fresh mint and serve immediately with the fish.