- Serves: 4
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
4 skin-on salmon fillets (140g-160g each)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter, divided
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp smoky or sweet paprika
1/2 tbsp italian seasoning
salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
honey garlic sauce
4 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tbsp minced garlic)
1/4 cup honey
1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
sliced green onions for servinglime wedges for serving
- Heat olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large 10-12inches cast iron skillet or pan over medium-high heat.
- In a small bowl combine cumin, paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper - mix together.
- Season salmon fillets with prepared seasoning and transfer to the skillet/pan, skin side down (see cooking tips below for the best way to cook the fillets).
- Cook the fillets for 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked three quarters of the way through.
- In the meantime, combine honey, soy sauce, and lime juice in a bowl - whisk until well combined.
- Flip the fish over and add 1 tablespoon butter to the skillet/pan. (If cooking the fish in batches, at this point you want to place all your fillets back in the skillet/pan.)
- Wait until butter melts and add minced garlic over the fish.
- Pour the prepared honey soy sauce over the fish and continue to cook for 2 more minutes, or until cooked through and sauce has slightly thickened. Spoon the sauce over the fillets while cooking.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with sliced green onions and serve with lime wedges. Add a scoop of rice or some green salad on the side to make it a delicious nutritious meal!
For best and easiest results, cook 2 salmon fillets at a time. It will be easier to flip them over when the pan/skillet isn’t crowded. When it’s time to add the sauce, just return all the salmon fillets to the pan and continue with the recipe.