- Serves: 6
- Prep: 40 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
1 salmon fillet 1kg (skin on)
4 sprigs rosemary
250ml white wine
1 bunch of dill
100g crème fraiche (or yoghurt)
50ml extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Line a deep sided baking tray with parchment paper. Lightly oil the paper and place the salmon skin side down on the tray. Season with sea salt
- Thinly slice the lemons and shallots and use to cover the salmon. Add the rosemary sprigs, and pour the white wine, and a splash of water into the tray with the fish.
- Cover the tray with tin foil and bake at 180C, for around 30 mins. The fish should be cooked to between 50 and 55C, use a probe to check the middle of the salmon.
- To make the sauce: while the fish is resting, chop the dill, and grate the cucumber on the coarse side of a box grater. Add the mayonnaise, crème fraiche, mustard and extra virgin olive oil into a mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add the cucumber and dill and mix again.
- Serve the fish with the sauce poured over in the baking tray and enjoy with toast toast or new potatoes.