- Serves: 2
- Time: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
8 medium scallops
500g broad beans (fresh or frozen)
200g cooking chorizo
1 mild red chilli (optional)
20g unsalted butter
4 spring onions (thinly sliced)
20g parsley or coriander (chopped)
1 clove garlic (grated)
- To prepare the broad beans, blanch for 2 minutes in salted boiling water. Then refresh in cold running water until cool enough to handle. Squeeze the broad beans out of the shells and set to one side.
- Dice the chorizo into ½ cm pieces and add to a shallow frying pan with a little olive oil. Cook the chorizo until caramelised and the oils have been released.
- Add the butter, the grated garlic, and the diced chilli if using, and the broad beans. Add a splash of water to thicken and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Fry the scallops in a separate pan until golden on one side (about 3 minutes), then turn and cook for another minute.
- To finish the broad beans add the juice of half the lemon, the chopped herbs, and the spring onions.
- Serve the scallops on top of the chorizo and broad beans. Garnish with the rocket, dressed with a little olive oil and lemon juice.