- Serves: 6
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 5 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
50g unsalted room temp butter
1 thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
1 garlic clove crushed
1/2 green chilli finely chopped
1tsp sesame oil
1tsp soy sauce
lime zest, juice and sesame seeds to garnish
- Remove scallops and clean shells. Use a teaspoon to dislodge scallops, scrub the shells and dry with a tea towel.
- Heat your oven to 250 fan setting and place the scallop shells on a large baking tray. Place scallops on shells.
- Mix the butter, ginger, chilli, sesame oil and soy in a bowl and dot evenly over scallops.
- Cook for about 5 mins until the butter has melted and is bubbling.
- Sprinkle over the zest of a lime. Squeeze over the juice of half a lime and sprinkle over toasted sesame seeds. Serve with fresh lime wedges.
Recipe, food styling and photography by Alexandra Dudley