- Serves: 12
- Prep: 20 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
- Whisk the plain flour with the egg yolk, milk and butter into a smooth batter taking care not to over mix.
- Whisk the egg white in a separate bowl to soft peaks and fold into the batter. Cook straight away, heat a frying pan over a medium heat with a small amount of sunflower oil and carefully add spoons of the mixture taking care not to overcrowd the pan.
- Pan fry for about 2 minutes a side. Cook in batches if necessary. If stored between sheets of baking paper in an airtight container they can be made in advance and reheated.
• London cure sliced smoked salmon
• Keta Caviar (or even Oscietre or Baeri if you prefer)
• Crème fraiche
• Fresh dill
Warm the blinis and then top with smoked salmon rolled into roses. Add a teaspoon of crème fraiche and one of the caviar on top. Finish with a sprig of dill and serve with wedges of lemon.