- Serves: 4
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 1 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
streaky bacon rashers
chives or spring onion, finely sliced
chopped red chilli
A brunch dish that is best paired with a glass of Champagne.
This recipe calls for an assembly from your fridge and as you assemble it how much topping you want will decide how much you use.
- Take rashers of smoked streaky bacon and cook carefully under the grill, turning as needed until golden and crisp.
- Take the smoked Steelhead trout from the packet and leave to come to room temperature for half an hour.
- Toast the crumpets and butter them whilst still hot.
- Slather on a good amount of cream cheese and then drape the smoked trout over the top. Break the bacon into smaller shards and scatter over the top with chives or spring onion or red chilli.
- If you don’t have red chilli, then a good milling of black pepper is good too.