- Serves: 2
- Prep: 30 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
125g smoked trout fillets
250g new potatoes or larger ones halved
4 free range medium eggs
½ cucumber, finely sliced
½ red onion, finely sliced
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp honey
130g pack watercress, rocket and spinach salad
3 tbsp Greek yogurt
a handful of chopped dill
1. Put the potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with cold water, add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
2. Carefully lower the eggs into another saucepan of simmering water and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool in a bowl of cold water.
3. Put the cucumber and onion in a bowl with the vinegar, honey and a pinch of salt. Toss together and set aside.
4. Arrange the salad and potatoes on a plate, then sprinkle the trout all over.
5. Lift the onion and cucumber from the pickling juice and scatter over the salad. Gently stir the yogurt into the pickling juice, then stir in most of the dill to make a dressing and spoon over the salad.
6. Peel and halve the boiled eggs, then place on top of the salad and scatter over the remaining dill.
Cook's tip for the eggs: Simmering eggs for 7 minutes gives a set that’s halfway between soft and hard-boiled - perfect for salads!